Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Environmentalist

So after having personally shown disdain for "environmentalists" and "tree huggers", I think I have see the light. Ximena and I visited Johnson City in Tennessee over the weekend and I can say, unequivocally, that both of us enjoyed it. After living in a large city, driving through winding roads and around a small town (~55,000), I felt nostalgic. I lived in Knoxville for 5 years and in Johnson City for 3 (sophomore year through senior year at Science Hill).

Johnson City felt good. . The air smelled fresher and clean. The pace of the town was slower. My senior year I did 32 hours of community service at Winged Deer Park on Bristol Highway. This summer I had Pal's hotdogs with my girlfriend on a "picnic" table at the same park. I think Ximena said, "I don't know if I would want to live here forever, but I really like it, and staying here for the summer would be awesome."

I'm looking forward to going back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home